Code of Conduct
PyBraunschweig is dedicated to providing a harassment-free meetup experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion or lack thereof.
We do not tolerate harassment of meetup participants in any form.
Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any meetup venue, including talks.
We expect all community participants to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues—online and in-person—as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to community business.
Meetup participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the meetup without a refund at the discretion of the meetup organisers.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict
- Use inclusive language
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but is not limited to:
- Abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Harassing, intimidation, stalking, or following
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Invasion of personal space
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the community organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning (and without refund in the case of a paid event).
If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a community organizer as soon as possible.
You can make a personal report by contacting any member of the organisers.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly.
Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify one of the event organizers with a concise description of your grievance.
Your grievance will be handled in accordance with our existing governing policies.
This Code of Conduct is based on the PyBerlin Code of Conduct.